Who We are?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

10.11.10

ISABELLA BLOW

Since I started blogging, I´ve had the intention to write about Isabella Blow, I didn’t know which approach give to the article; didn’t know were to star either. If to link her first with Alexander McQueen, or if I should talk about the close relationship with Philip Treacy, or her roll as front rower, that never had a certain position in any fashion enterprise.

Desde que comencé este blog, siempre he tenido la intención de escribir acerca de uno de los personajes que más admiro: Isabella Blow. Sin embargo, no sabía que enfoque darle al post, ni siquiera por donde comenzar; si hacerlo primero por la relación con Alexander McQueen, o si debería hablar de la estrecha relación con Philip y sus tocados, o bien de su roll como front rower, la cuál nunca tuvo ninguna posición certera en ni una sola casa de modas.

May be there, her passion would be such a great point to start, the fact she always was cold turkey from her favorite drug: fashion, art and the incredible joy of discovering something pleasant to her eyes, and so to her heart, to take apart pain and sadness and I dare to say to fill some space in her self being.
When I knew about the new book release Blow by Blow, wrote by her husband, I got excited, I really want to know more about her, as told from her beloved voice, so I´m absolutely buying it.World is changing, so is fashion, I can´t fathom to find another front rower like Isabella; and I mean “like” since she polished her resume just by facts: no blogs, no magz, no stores no nothing, just facts, love and bluff. Of course her maven eye for discovering talents made her place too.
Quizás un buen inicio será enfocarme en su pasión, el hecho de que siempre traía el mono de su droga favorita: La moda, el arte, y el deleite inherente por descubrir cualquier cosa placentera a sus ojos y a su corazón, así apartar todo el dolor y tristeza, del mismo modo, me atrevo a decir, para rellenar cierto hueco en su alma.
Cuando supe del nuevo libro ya lanzado Blow by Blow, la verdad es que me emocioné mucho, esta escrito por su marido, por supuesto que lo compraré.
El mundo esta cambiando un montón, al igual que muchas cosas, incluida la moda; ahora mismo no podría encontrar a otra front rower del calibre de Isabella, y me refiero a calibre tomando en cuenta que ella ha hecho su carrera y se ganó la primera fila a base de hechos, resultados concretos, ni blogs ni revistas, ni tiendas, ni nada… solo hechos, amor y mucho bluff. Por supuesto tambien su ojo expertisimo para encontrar talentos.
Así que me gustaría agradecer a Isabella por descubrir, y darnos la oportunidad a todos los fashion lovers, de habernos hecho ir al cielo y regresar aunque sea por diez minutos, mientras veíamos Plato´s Atlantis, o la mismísima presentación a su semejanza, LA DAME BLEUE, admirando esa habilidad y ese performance en acción de Mr. McQueen; con lo cual….
Gracias, por que, con Alexander y todos los demás mitigaron por lo menos un poco la parte más hostil de este mundo, espero que estés bien en el cielo o en el infierno; sea donde sea seguro que es V.I.P.
Un saludo a Alexander.And personally I wanted to thank Isabella for discover and for giving us the chance to get to heaven for ten minutes, watching McQueen’s skills in action and performing, so…Thank you for taking with Alexander an all, the edge off the anger of this world. Hope you´re doing well in heaven or hell. Say hi to Alexander, wherever you are, must be V.I.P.

P.D.
También agradecer a la maravillosa Daphne Guinness, que, en apenas en una subasta, adquirió la enorme colección de ropa y sombreros de Isabella, desde la primera colección de Alexander McQueen, hasta algunos tesoros hechos por Philip Treacy; cosa que no merecen menos que estar en una magnifica estantería en la casa de Daphne.

We have to take this opportunity to thank also, the wonderful Daphne Guinness, that on a recent auction bought all the stuff from Isabella, including the first Alexander McQueen Collection, no end of Philip Treacy treasures, clothes from years of fashion feeding, which does not deserve any less to be con Daphne’s shelves. 

QUE TENGAN UN EXCELENTE DIA :).

47 comments:

Laetitia Chic and Positive said...

Un post genial. Felicidades! Besitos " Chic & Positive "
http://www.chicandpositive.com/

Anonymous said...

I love the effort you put into this and pulled it marvelously. I agree, they must be VIP somewhere, heaven or hell.
xox

Mbabazi said...

some of the pics are scary but thats fashion
mbabaziannet.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love the last hat made by treacy for McQ and I loved that show too!!

http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

Hannie said...

Wow, this is incredible! I love all the picstures, they are scary, strange, but inspiring!
xoxo from Hannie

Isabel said...

shes amazing!

Unknown said...

She really is quite remarkable! Alexander McQueen was a genius... the fashion world lost a god when he sadly passed away. x

boyunso said...

yes, she was genious. and i love her hair things, they are all lovely :)


thank you for visiting:D

www.thestylecouture.blogspot.com

chica arcoiris said...

isabella blow que grande ! el trabajo anterior a este q intento hacer lo hice t genial, al final creo que lo cambiare y lo hare de prada y me centrare en la linea de miu miu xq basarme solo en una coleccion no puedo =( pero gracias d todos modos un besazo!

Fleur-de-Lis said...

I must confess it's the 1st time I get in contact with this fashion unique character (shame on me)
but thanks for another great article! It's really impressive and it make me very curious about her***

adrián castro said...

<3 isabella

nice blog!

khdz said...

hey, thanks for checking out my blog :)

i like all of the andy warhol. cool stuff.

Luna Tiger said...

she's so fascinating ! Excentric and unique !
http://selenite.weebly.com/

tilly said...

hi thank you for following me love your blog by the way

tilly said...

hi thank you for following me love your blog by the way

tilly said...

thank you for following me i love your blog by the way x

HitomiNeko said...

hey thx for following. ur site is quite unqiue, you actually edit the words into the photos, that's so cool! and i love the second to last pic. the whole outfit, makeup & hair is awesome! =)

xhulja said...

Thank you for following! I appreciate it :)

MARIA said...

BUENOS TUS COMENTARIOS, ME GUSTA TU CRITICA RESPECTO A ESTAS PERSONALIDADES, CREO QUE LEERE EL LIBRO, LO COMENTAREMOS. SUERTE

Unknown said...

Me encantó el post, ya te sigo desde el post de Andy.
Me gusta mucho el concepto de tu blog.
Saludos,

mau.

Montse Fernández Conde said...

claro q te sigo!!!me gusta el blog!!un besito

Baro Lucas said...

¡ohhhhhhhhhhhh! Muchas gracias por tu gran comentario, tu blog esta muy bien y me gusta la forma que le das, oh dios mio, como echo de menos a Alexander mcQueen, por la ultima foto. Era un encanto. Un dios, y por cierto, muchísimas gracias de que te guste tanto mi blog y por seguirme.
Un saludo muy fuerte the lovely San!

Anonymous said...

mad blog! love ur work
winnsomesmile.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Amazing images!!
I really like your blog, thanks for commenting on mine :)
www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

love the second to last comment, these photos are lllooovveeellly! thanks for the comment :)

xoxo

elenoir said...

Hello!! you're gorgeous!! ♥
You've said right ;) I was intending to translate it :)

I love your blog style, and the article about Isabella Blow!
I'll follow you, I like your point of view! ♥

Inés said...

Gracias por seguirme! Yo a ti no puedo, no se que es lo que pasa que le doy a "Seguir" y me sale la ventanita, pero no se carga :( Me da una rabia!! Pero te tengo en la lista. Un besazo!!

La Porta Màgica by Tatiana Supervia said...

ayy por favor me compro el libro , ya!!
bueno o me lo pido de regalo de reyes!!
que ganas de saber mas de su vida me han entrado al leer tu post...
has visto lo que has conseguido?, pues te diré una cosa...GRACIAS!

BESOS

TATIANA

Antonio said...

Me gusta el sombrerico de la última foto!!, y por supuesto me gusta el nuevo diseño que le has dado al blog!.
Otro libro más para la biblioteca no??

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of her on the ladder so much. She's a true inspiration!

▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

Unknown said...

Wow your blog is so amazing! I'll start to follow you :)

http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

match.box.muse said...

gorgeous post! thanks for sharing these amazing photos. isabella is truly inspirational :)

love, M

.......... said...

VIPs indeed... your blog is magnificent.

Ana said...

No sabia del libro, estoy de acuerdo con la porta magica, tengo que comprar el libro para saber mas de ella.
Me gusta la personalidad de Isabella!!!!

Laetitia Chic and Positive said...

Feliz jueves! Besitos y abrazos " Chic & Positive "

The Lovely San said...

Laetita, buen jueves pa ti tambien.

SHEBELLE my SHEBELLE! of course they got to be on the V.I.P. room.

Porta Mágica! en yutu hay muchos videos de isabella, no he querido ponerlos aqui por que luego los quitan, y ya sabes "y aqui tienen el video de..." Y nada QUE EL VIDEO LO HAN SUPRIMIDO me ha pasado tantas veces...

ANITA AMIGA! tu sabes un monton de Isabella, ya comentaremos el libro, no puedo esperar a COMERMEELO!!

ANTOÑICO!! otro más pa la biblioteca, Dios Bendito, donde voy a meter ya tantos!!

INES!! me dio mucha risa tu mensaje! jaja, no te preocupes, que tu eres asidua! con lo cual un dia de estos me sigues, si no, no pasa nada, se que TODOS estan ahí.

Mau: Paisano, me da mucho gusto tener un lector de México, me alegro que te guste el concepto.

Style Baro: La verdad es que si que me gusto mucho tu blog, grrr ;).

Fleur-de-Lis, never is too late!

Nora! Thank you! you´re so nice!

Thilde-ca, I´ve got it! haha.

Michelle, Is so Sad, we got to get over it.

And ALL, Like Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
Thank you, come again!
Vuelva pronntoosss

Sybilla said...

Me ha encantado tu post, me encantan las fotos y el enfoque que le has dado!
Vamos que te sigo!!!

bs

www.todieforchic.com

Yannick said...

of course, i am following you since 1 or 2 weeks ;)
nothing to thanks :D :D
See you again ;)

Unknown said...

No conocia Isabella Blow antes de leer esto, pero ella me inspira mucho. Su estilo es distinctivo y elegante, y, por supuesto, ella es bellisima.

Gracias por leer mi blog! Me gusta mucho el tuyo tambien y lo voy a seguir con Bloglovin :D

Espero que mi espanol esta bien escrito... llevo mucho tiempo sin tomar una clase de espanol. Y lo siento la ausencia de los acentos! Es muy deficil escribirlas en esta computadora y soy floja :P

--Sophi

Ella said...

oh thank you very much for your comment, it truly means the world to me!

isabella blow truly had an eye for design, and her innovative approach to it, is certainly something i've always admired about her!

Sophie Frances said...

I love this post especially the last picture...its amazing!
roma
roma-thefashionaddict.blogspot.com/

estil said...

Que blog más bueno!!! te añado al mío para seguirte.

Que buen post, me ha parecido super interesante igual que tus anteriores posts!!!


Besos!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, fashion designers must study history in order to take what has been done or being done to the next level. It's the continuation of idea just like the neckline from 70's which has been customized and represented in Robert Cavalli SS'11 :)) Fashion forward. xox

Laura said...

Your blog is incredible and thank you so much for following me! I'm following you back :)

Missariadne said...

Awesome pics!
KISS!!

John and Jane Doe said...

work of an outstanding mind

Sam | ashore said...

I was recently fascinated by Ms. Blow, when I was on a kick learning about fashion suicides. Loved the pictures you included, very demonstrative of her style/dispoistion.