Who We are?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

24.11.10

Eduardo García Benito

Baroque and Art deco: the two artistic styles and movements in general I feel most attracted to. I´d say also Nouveau and what about gothic spires and rose windows? yet the first two are the greatest for me: those are two extremely graphic and speaks for themselves. Summing up, for me both are impressive.
 The fashion illustrator from today, was at the peak of his career when deco was already in vogue; there where a lot of exponents, as I may say the brand new Hollywood scene, with movie captions in a huge deco hotel halls or lobbies, or lets say the mythic Bauhaus. The future was there. Hope was there and Eduardo Garcia Benito came and put it into a bottle so it couldnt escape.
A rolled up rug was the most in trend silhouette on those days, there were no curves; instead, there was a certain androgynous and minimalism halo, which took apart the psychotropic adventures from Mr. Poiret. And yes, Once again, Eduardo Garcia Benito was there. 
 And he captured the moment like any one else did, and I mean any one; that modernity essence is still breathable through his vanity fair and vogue covers, It´s one of the fashion illustrators more avant, than garde that, today are such an undeniable referent on fashion illustration.
De las corrientes de arte en general me impresionan dos ramas: el barroco y el Art Deco; podría decir que también el nouveau y que decir de los chapitales y los rosetones del gótico, sin embargo los dos primeros son los que más; son estilos extremadamente gráficos, e imponentes en extremo.
El Ilustrador que presento hoy, su auge lo tuvo, cuando el Art Deco estaba completamente en boga; muchos eran los exponentes, desde la nueva escena del cine glam con sus tomas frente a grandes hoteles en lobbies o en halls Hollywoodenses, hasta la mítica Bauhaus. El futuro estaba ahí, la esperanza estaba ahí. Eduardo García Benito llegó y la metió en un frasco para no dejarla escapar.
Una alfombra enrollada, como lo más de lo más en la estética femenina; no hay curvas y la androginia ronda por todas las habitaciones; La Duquesa de la Salle era lo más, y había una vibra de cierto minimalismo que dejaba de lado las aventuras más psicotrópicas de Poiret. Una ves más: Eduardo García Benito estaba ahí.
Y lo captó como ninguno, y me refiero como ninguno; esa esencia de modernidad aun se respira a través de las portadas de Vanity Fair y Vogue, es uno de los ilustradores con mas garde que avant, y que hoy en nuestros días son referente indiscutible no solo con la ilustración de moda, para el diseño en general.
Tonio.

55 comments:

Tonio said...

33.33% de promesa cumplida

Irina said...

this post is great! love artdeco!

Unknown said...

Me encanta!!!!
es super vintage!!!!

es como el poster de mi cuarto, que es un viejo cartel de vogue!!!

Un besazo!

Unknown said...

Omg the 2nd and 4th pics are so awesome *_*

Abraham Menéndez said...

Es la posha, Ojalá a arancha de Benito se le pegase algo. Jur, jur...

¿Es super vintage? Señoras y señores, esto es arte con mayúsculas!!!. Que vintage ni vintage...

Unknown said...

WOW! those are amazing :) That's one of my favorite illustration styles, too. Love this post!

Abi said...

Baroque is one of my favourite art forms as well. I love these illustrations. Every detail is perfectly captured it seems

Unknown said...

Thanks for your great comment :)
I hope to become a professional photographer ^_^ It's my dream :)

http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

Paloma, My petite secret said...

Jajaja ya sabes cosas de novata!
Gracias por pasarte, comentar y seguir....
te sigo!

Anonymous said...

que bolg mas original tienes!!! te sigo sin dudarlo!
besitos

http://lookinginmycloset.blogspot.com/

No soy Coolhunter said...

Me encanta el diseño de tu blog ,estoy flipando viendo las entradas

Por cierto me ha encantado tu comentario,me he reido mucho
Un beso!

Olatz,elVestidordeCarlota said...

que interesante y chulo el post!!!

besos

elvestidordecarlota.blogspot.com

TresLunas said...

acaba d descubrir tu blog =) te sigo!! te gustaria seguirme?? mil gracias!!

Unknown said...

Fashions in my blog?.. Mine is mostly a photo blog ^_^ but I'd like to take pictures of the models :)

Tamara said...

Eso está claro!!!! aún con frio, mucho frio hay que seguir vistiendo con glamour!!!!!!!

Un besoteeeeeeee

Bonita recopilación de Vogue!!!!!!!!

Rafael Franco said...

Really good pictures. I love it all. Your blog is BEAUTIFUL!


kisses from Brazil*


http://neopopculture.blogspot.com/

Café Bouclé said...

Amazing pictures!
http://cafe-boucle.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

i love the simplicity of the illustration work and the colour is great. the one with the butterfly is my favourite, so cute.
http://winnsomesmile.blogspot.com/

Laetitia said...

Gracias!!!!!!!!! jeje! ;P me encanta! yo debería coger más mi lápiz y ponerme a ello!

Son preciosas!

Anonymous said...

Tonio,como ya te dije el otro día, Garcia Benito es un punto y aparte! A mí me fascina el Art Noveau y las tendencias de los primeros años del siglo XX.gracias por hacer de tu blog un arte.
Y gracias por pasarte por nuestro blog, es un placer!http://azulychocolate.wordpress.com/

siguemiestilo said...

Me ha encantado tu blog!!! :D :D :D TE SIGO :D

Miguel said...

que creativo el ambiente de tu blog!! :) un saludo

www.holdmyaddiction.com

fashionDrip said...

Hola!!

Es muy vintage: genial total.

Muak
fashiondrip

Rue des Modèles said...

me eencantan todas tus entradas!
Gracias por todos tus comentarios, me hacen siempre muchisima ilusión!
Me gusta especialmente la primera portada Vogue que has puesto porque el arco iris también me recuerda a la V magazine muy posterior y es como una mezcla de ambas, es curioso. Todas las ilustraciones son geniales. Me alegro que te guste mi nueva cabecera! =)

Café Bouclé said...

Hello, Tonyo!
thank you for your sweet comment and for your visit.
I'm so happy that we follow each other: I like so much your blog!
kisses

Shanna Maren said...

I love this sort of art. It's colourful and yet a bit mysterious :)

whatever said...

Gracias por el comentario! yo tambien te sigo:) nunca me había puesto a mirar este tipo de ilustraciones pero por lo que veo son buenísimas y me encanta ver tantos colores y todo tan andrógino!^^

Unknown said...

hoy en día, la sociedad es consumista, peor en cierta manera....viva el consumismo!!!

Un besazo gracias por pasarte por mi blog:)

allthatshewants said...

me ha encantado, tiene muchiisimo rollo!besso

Fleur-de-Lis said...

I love art deco so much, and that BAuhaus period is almost mythical!!
their aesthetics is really amazing comparing to contemporary art. We can say that everything was made back then*
also, his designs are always a statement, no matter the epoque*
GREAT post!

Unknown said...

Las drogas de la época que eran muy malas, pero que resultados más buenos!

Inez said...

I love this kind of vogue covers!

MARTA said...

Sí señor, que gran ilustrador fue Bauhaus...aunque Cassandre también tiene grandes perlas...un saludo!

LA VIDA ÉS ROSA said...

Hooola!
ideal el poster y muy vintage!!
BSS

Rosa creativa said...

Wauww this is a really interesting blog... I did forgot many of these info since I graduate it feels great to remember :)

xx

Rosa

My Stylish Little Secret
http://mystylishlittlesecret.blogspot.com

Couture Carrie said...

Another gorgeous post, darling!
Love these illustrations!

xoxox,
CC

Silvia said...

estoy deseando ver el post de mañana ^^ (y a vosotros por la noche! espero...)

three4style said...

Beautiful images...
Art and fashion my biggest passion.
If you want we can follow each other
Three4style.com

Cherry Plum said...

Que maravilla de post, que fabulosas portadas.
Compartimos además la pasión por el Art Decó (aunque yo tiro más hacia el Art Nouveau) Las tres primeras décadas del XX son tan ricas cultural y estéticamente hablando...

Unknown said...

i LOVE THE FIRST VOGUE PIC...AMAZING!!!! IT'S SO FULL OC CHIC AND COLORS....

THANKS FOR LOVELY COMMENT...

http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

elenoir said...

I think this will be my favourite post ever!

I'm so in love with art deco period, starting with the roaring 20s, and going on..graphics artworks are stunning, they fully picture what was about wearing like a lady or a gentleman :)

you're smart! ;)


http://norascrapbook.blogspot.com/

V.V. said...

hahahha, gracias por tu comentario, aunq lo d Gaga no se como tomarmelo, la verdad...

v.v.
http://fashiondoseblog.blogspot.com/

style-haus said...

amazing...lovin' the art deco inspiration!

http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Canon 550d is a very good entry level model :)

Little Hannah said...

Adoro vuestros posts, me encantan!! Qué placer para la vista!
Un beso grande

Unknown said...

Me encanta, me encanta, me encanta!!!!!!!
Besos
http://via-condotti.blogspot.com

Luna Tiger said...

Oh my god ! you make so beautiful posts !
I love the story you told me about my outfit with indians and all. The story I told me was that the colors and tie and dye make me think to desert dust and punks, so : mad max ! And the pearl long necklace make me think to the 20's and charleston, so I called the post "mad max dancing charleston !
Kisses !

http://selenite.weebly.com/

Angelica Ng said...

Wow nice! Geometric, modern and fashionable at the same time!

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

John and Jane Doe said...

Love the beauty

Bella HaHay said...

What a juicy post, flooded with info! :D I'm not sure if those women could breathe in such tight bustier but I love to wear one as seen on DG.

And nopes, I didn't take those photos from Pamela's press (which I'd love to get hands-on exp hehe)

cathy. said...

Awesome!

xx

three4style said...

Now we follow you!!!! Follow us back.
Your italian is great.
Mejor que mi espanol
Grazie
Ciao

Three4style.com

0 said...

Thanks for the comment in my blog!
I will be happy to follow you dear!

KISS from Italy!

Titania said...

Gracias por visitarme!!, a mi es que me encanta tu Blog!!, es super creativo, en serio, una pasada, ya lo sabes ^^

1000BESOS!!

Unknown said...

Sensory overload! Really cool post!

http://procrastinationpictures.blogspot.com/