Who We are?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

12.11.10

Christian Lacroix, Haute Couture and Some Thoughts.


He hasn´t done anything wrong, I really don´t care about him; I barely have seen his work, I think I´ve seen two or three random looks, and I´ve changed to another web on the right in the moment, and is not his fault, but I must confess I’m SO NOT into him, I don´t like Sacha Walkhoff actually.
And it´s kind of weird; until today I haven´t seen his picture before, the thing is that, I´m mad about the situation, yes, the terrible fact, that whether we like or not, it´s been a fact of CHANCE.
So, having said that, I have no aim of blaming any one; but I just cant stand the fact of knowing that such a brilliant mind, passionate, creative and intuitive like Mr. Christian Lacroix´s, be there… sat down on a corner while a guy named "Sacha Walkhoff" takes over the company bearing his name.
Once again, sad but true, I´m such an immature guy that acts like a dog, doesn´t reason and starts hating the first person I see. I´m SORRY.
I will miss Vlada Roslyakova closing the show, with that mix of virgin-bride characterizing on the endings of Haute Monsieur Christian’s shows; the last one I remember how every one was raving, and snowing, in front of such a master lesson of craftsmanship and art; I´m missing all that whimsy, the bullion embroidery, sheer, flowy, structured, patterns, impossible combinations turned into possible, feminine, drama, sparkle, polka dots, stripes, stripes with polka dots, and polka dots striped and tucked into a magically twirled embroidery skirt. That´s it.. All in one, all mixed with extremely beautiful details made by maven hands.
This world is a pin pong game, like I said on past posts… and this can´t hold up Couturiers, so they are falling one by one: Christian Lacroix, Anne Valérie Hash, Thimster, Versace (yes, Versace), Joseph Font, and who´s next? Like Andre Leon Talley said; it’s a famine of beauty, it’s a famine of beauty honey!
My all time favorite collection from Mr. Lacroix, is the fall couture 2002, and the last, from 2009: they´re like poles apart ; On 2002 he was on the highest level, everything was doing well before the crash, and his bankrupt, it was all about flaunt, showing off wealth without bashfulness, that´s Haute Couture fellas; on the other hand, the last one he was saying good bye, couture died for him, the whole show seemed to me like a kind of funeral actually, with such an elegant assistants.
This Steven Klein pic is one of the looks of the collection the one closing the show in fact; and yes, it was for Madonna´s 2004 tour backdrops. AMAZING HUH??
 Sorry for not posting yesterday for all you lovely people following every TLS´s steps, as you noted, it takes time to assemble the information. Love comes through the eyes, don´t you think? So, I want this blog be FULL of beautiful things. I call it, Auto-Inspiration :)
Have a great weekend.

El no ha hecho nada malo, de hecho ni me va ni me viene; no conozco su trabajo, creo que he visto por ahí dos o tres looks, e instantáneamente he cambiado de página, no es su culpa, pero debo confesar que Sacha Walkhoff me cae muy mal.
Y no fue hasta hoy que he visto una fotografía suya, que raro no? La cosa es que estoy molesto con la situación, si, el terrible hecho de que muy a nuestro pesar, esto ha sido un resultado completamente fortuito.
Así que, dicho esto, no voy por la labor de culpar a nadie, simplemente que no tolero ver a  esa mente tan brillante, apasionada, creativa e intuitiva como la del Sr.Christian  Lacroix, sentado ahí en una esquina mientras un chico llamado " Sacha Walkof" toma la casa que lleva su nombre.
Una vez mas, triste pero cierto, soy súper inmaduro, acúo como un perro que sin razón alguna empiezo a despotricar contra la primera persona que se me cruza enfrente. LO SIENTO
Extrañaré a Vlada Roslyakova cerrando la pasarela, con es mezcla de Virgen-Novia que caracterizaba los finales los los show de Alta Costura del Sr. Lacroix, el último aun recuerdo como todo el mundo casi se desvanecia y se volvia loca ante la lección maestra de artesanía y arte.
Extraño toda esa fantasía, los bordados extremos, sus transparencias, fluidez, patrones estructurados, combinaciones imposibles convertidas en posibles, femineidad, drama, brillo, bolitas, rallas, rallas con bolitas y boiltas ralladas metidas mágicamente en una retorcida falda bordada. Eso es, todo en uno, todo entremezclado con hermosos detalles hechos por manos expertas.
El mundo es un juego de Ping Pong como he dicho en anteriores posts, y en éste no hay cabida a los Couturiers, así que están cayendo uno a uno, Christian Lacroix, Anne Valérie Hash, Thimster, Joseph font, y cuál será el siguiente?
Como diría André Leon Talley: Hay escasez de belleza, hambruna de belleza!
Mis colecciones favoritas son las de HC del otoño del 2002, y la última: Son polos opuestos, en el 2002 estaba en el nivel más alto, aún no había crisis ni mucho menos la idea de una bancarrota rodeaba la casa de modas, todo era ostento, mostrando sin pudor riqueza, decadencia y frivolidad, esto es Alta Costura amigos. El último por el contrario, era una despedida, la Haute Couture moría para el, todo el show era como un funeral de hecho, con un unas asistentes elegantísimas.
Esta foto de Steven Klein es uno de los looks del 2002, el último de hecho, y si. Fue para los backdrops de Madonna del 2004, impresionante,no?

Por último, siento no haber publicado post el dia de ayer, para ustedes encantadoras personas siguiendo cada paso de The Lovely San, que, como han notado, toma tiempo montar la presentación. El amor entra por los ojos, no lo creen? Así que quiero que este blog este LLENO de cosas hermosas, lo llamo auto-inspiración.
Pasen un finde excelente :)

63 comments:

Laetitia Chic and Positive said...

Me encanta Lacroix.Me ha gustado mucho tu post, muy cierto. Feliz viernes. Besitos " Chic & Positive "
http://www.chicandpositive.com/

Your Perfect Look said...

Wow! Un post increíble! Yo tb echo de menos a Lacroix como dices hay hambruna de belleza! Fantástico blog!
Te sigo
Besos y feliz fin de semana!

Unknown said...

Lacroix es magnífico, me ha gustado tu post.
Saludos,

mau.

estil said...

Sin duda con él se confirma que la moda es arte. Gran post!!!

Besos!!!

Rue des Modèles said...

Madre mia!! qué increíble esta entrada
me encanta la maquetación que haces!! te lo he dicho alguna vez?
Lo de Marina Pérez en españa es bochornoso lo ninguneada que está.....

Unknown said...

Incredible! Stunning post, i love all the pictures!

http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

Bella HaHay said...

Magazine is gonna be available online! :)) My income would be from the advertisement and that's it. Brave? I don't know, if I die that'd be in the line of duty lol Thanks for the lovely advice, yes STRENGTHHHHHHH

Btw beautiful collage (yet again!!). I'm coming back to read this tonite after I'm done with the shoot xox

pruebas said...

Tu blog es simplemente ESPECTACULAR. Me encanta la estética y los contenidos!!!! te sigo YA mismo!!!
muchas gracias por tu visita, bss!

Anonymous said...

Lacroix was the one who got me into fashion in the first place...... all his fault :) such and inspiration and such a beautiful smile he has too! Although now i've gone off on a more kane/mcqueen/pugh/cdg track I just have so much nostaligia and awe when I think of Lacriox and his workmanship and just the pure beauty of his collections (especially the embellishments mmmmmm)
winnsomesmile.blogspot.com

olivia said...

No conocia tu blog y me ha encantado. Lacroix es un genio. Besos.

blog said...

que posts tan originales haces!!
me encantan un besazooo :)
tee sigoo

Inez said...

I really love the red dresses :)

Luna Tiger said...

Christian Lacroix is the king of baroque fashion, I want him back to make us dream !
http://selenite.weebly.com/

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post, darling!
I love Vlada too!

xoxox,
CC

Bonnie said...

Totally awesome blog. I really love the layout and design!
LOVE Christian Lacroix. <3

Thanks for the comment.
xoxo.

http://glamkittenslitterbox.blogspot.com/

Little Hannah said...

Qué post tan bonito... Me ha parecido espectacular ;)
Un beso

Black cat girl said...

genial este post y genial vuestro blog, he echado un vistazo que no lo conocía y me parece muy interesante! os sigo de cerca.

Un besito.

Luna Tiger said...

Tonio you're cute, for the necklace the legging and the dress I'm OK, but well, I don't think my husband will approve if I marry you !

JEAN-PIERRE said...

this is a both happy and sad post. I love Lcroix.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment ;)
I recommend Canon an entry level model if you are a beginner with photography. So Canon 1000d or 550d (the 550d is better ;))

http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

My Own Strange Little World said...

Hola!! Muchas gracias por visitar mi blog y dejarme un comentario!! La verdad es que fue una experiencia fantástica!! Pronto postearé sobre mi segundo evento fashion!!

http://myownstrangelittle-world.blogspot.com

mademoiselle créative said...

Thank you very much for your lovely comment!

A. said...

Muchas gracias por tu comentario Tonio:) No me importa en absoluto que lo cuentes jaja. Además tienes toda la razon en cuanto a Blanco, es muy desastrosa, tiene cosas chulas, pero son muy poco organizado, y luego no tienen nada...
Espero que sigas pasandote por mi blog y que me sigas si te gusta:)
Un beso
http://fashionlullaby-littlea.blogspot.com/

Sick by Trend said...

que entrada más increible! Me encanta Lacroix, todos sus prints me fascina! que blog más genial tienes! te sigo y me paso muy a menudo eh? :) besss

sBt

Into The Fashion said...

Wonderful blog....love it!
Great visual impact and wonderfully chosen topics to discuss!

xoxo
Diana

www.intothefashion.com

Ana said...

Que buen post!!!
Creo que todos hechamos de menos a Lacroix..
Su trabajo era arte puro. No sera facilmente remplazado.
Besos

Me lo pongo todo said...

Laacroix es un genio.Gracias por pasarte por mi blog y por tu amable comentario .
Buen finde.
Oti.

Ana said...

Estas en tu casa?? Podemos hablar??
Besos...

Irina said...

thank you for your warm words! lovely post! love that picture of natalia vodianova as alise in wonderland!!!

Unknown said...

wow, such a cool post. the photos are so inspiring!

xoxo

Unknown said...

Increíble. Tu blog es INCREÍBLE! Te prometo que cuando tenga tiempo me leo todos tus post, por que este me ha fascinado. muaaa!

Missariadne said...

Love your blog!!!
I m a new follower!
KISS.

Kat said...

i love your posts!! they are amazing! you have an awesome blog!! im going to follow you. i hope you can follow me back ^-^

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

Marta - In fashion with you said...

Vaya post tan trabajado, no me extraña que ayer no publicaras. A mí también me da pena que no haya cabida para la alta costura, pero el mercado manda. Ahora Lacroix intenta ocuparse con otras cosas...

Un saludo!

Ellinor Forje said...

I want the blue dress at the top.

Unknown said...

I'm totally speechless about this post... Your words enchanting me and I believe that your point of view is very interesting and you made a wonderful riflession about the couture world. However I don't agree with the big importance that you give to Lacroix: I think that the couture will die when Givenchy, Tisci, and Dior, Galliano, will leave it!!!

http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

Collette Osuna said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your super sweet comment...love yours too!!!


Stop by and say Hello ♥
I’m an MTV Style Blogger of the Week!!!

Rafael Franco said...

Really good post. Amazing photos. I love it!



kisses from Brazil*

http://neopopculture.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

AMAZING BLOG...I LOVE LACROIX!

http://mode-blogs.blogspot.com/

C.W. said...

Hi!! Thanks for visiting my blog http://overthewhelmofpossibility.blogspot.com/. It truly means a lot to me! I'm loving the layout of your blog. Very cool, and it's about fashion, what more could I ask for? I will make sure to follow!!!!

Angelica Ng said...

I am really really sad that Lacroix is no more! He was a great designer, and it's sad that he got affected by the economy. Would love to still see his work!

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

John and Jane Doe said...

amazing post. check out my website everyone. art/fashion.

boyunso said...

your post is wonderful everytime.
im very happy with it.
and but,, you asked me the reason.
and i wrote the post about it again.
and to make it simpler : TEST.
feel sorry and XOXO.

Emilie said...

Wow love this post!! Lacroix is a genius :)

xxxx


lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

Little Miss Curious said...

I love Christian Lacroix...especially his perfume made up for Avon - Absynth and Rouge


xx

Inez said...

And do you think the EOS 550D is a good one?

SILVIA said...

k xulo el post!!!
te sigo wapa!!!!
xoxo

Sybilla said...

Genial tu post!!Me encanta tu montaje!!Si es que lo maquetas como si fuera un libro!!!!
Es terriblemente injusto lo que comentas, y debe ser muy triste que despues de tantos años alguien usurpe tu nombre porque alguien ha decidido que no puedes seguir al frente de tu propio nombre¿?Surrealista...
Bs

www.todieforchic.com

informodate said...

woowww.qué chulo el blog. es distinto! muchas felicidades. saludos desde InforMODAte

Shanna Maren said...

Amazing photos!!

Henar said...

Qué precioso post!!! Me encanta Lacroix!! Genial :)
Un besazo

www.ohmyvogue.com

match.box.muse said...

lacroix is a wizard. i love the last photo, gorgeous! great post as always.

love, M

adrián castro said...

gran artículo

Ana, HendayeStyle said...

Como me han gustado tus palabras. Como me ha gustado tu blog.
Besotes

elenoir said...

I love that Vogue article regarding Alice in Wonderland and stilists!! Good choice!

;)

http://www.norascrapbook.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Que colección tan original!!!!!!
Me gusta mucho Lacroix!!
Besos http://via-condotti.blogspot.com

Abi said...

Lacroix is indeed such a terrific talent! Great post you've got here.

The Acid Fashion said...

Se repite la historia. Como ya sucedió con Sant Laurent y Tom Ford... Esto no tiene nombre estoy de acuerdo contigo. LACROIX ES UN GENIO!! Creador como pocos, visionario como nadie y, ante todo, un artista de la aguja y el dedal...
Me ha encantado descubrir tu blog y lo que dices...

Un beso y te sigo!!

LOOK OF STYLE said...

Hola!! Muchas gracias por tu comentario!
Ánimo con el blog, acabo de entrar por primera vez y me parece impresionante!
Os sigo, pasaos por el nuestro cuando querais :)

un beso, Elena
lookofstyle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

te felicito por tu blog, me ha dejado impresionada! y gracias por tus comentarios en el nuestro.
eres un artista!!! feliz lunes!
http://azulychocolate.wordpress.com/

sacha said...

This blog is awesome!
very very cool

Antonio said...

Creo que el único que faltaba por comentar en este post era yo, jeje. Después de todo lo que se ha dicho, tanto del mismo como de Lacroix, solo me falta añadir que el look de Madonna me parece INCREIBLE!!

Anonymous said...

Really good post!