Who We are?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

13.9.10

At first Sight

The Project Runway winner.
Once again Christian Siriano adds sparkle and drama to the just started New York fashion week, and I´m trying to say that in the best way possible.
The flamboyant collection wasn´t totally integrated nor coherent either. It was a sort of mix of everything: a little Oscar de la Renta gorgeous gowns, a little I want the Michael Kors american sporty/chic here  and a little safari there; When I saw the last number I was just just wordless;  I bet he danced with it Alejandro´s song in a room full of candles the day after the show.
Great execution skills, trickery and ecces aren´t good enough if we wants the critical attention on his side.
On the other hand, I loved the shoes; the opulent pieces, were designed by him for the mass market stores Payless (it says the pair will be under 50 dollars)the shoes were inspired on Chinese, Indian and African influences as the collection did. The wood heel resembles a hand-carved African tribal artwork.
I Like Siriano, he is so cute, I love his funny queerness; it was so pleasant to watch him on TV actually, I didnt batted an eye when he was on screen, yet not suffice for the Lincoln Center, since this collection on my opinion looks like another challenge for the amusing TV show.




My favorite look:


I don´t want to compare, but Daniel Vosovic ROCKED.





El ganador de Project Runway.
Una vez más, Christian Siriano le da esa chispa y todo ese drama al recién comenzado NYFW, y lo digo en el mejor sentido posible.





La escandalosa colección no estuvo integrada del todo, coherente mucho menos. Fue como una mezcla de todo un poco: Por aquí un súper vestido de Oscar de la Renta, por allá un poco del Sport-Chic de Michael Kors, y un poquito de Safari por a cuyá; cuando vi el ultimo vestido me quede sin palabras, estoy seguro que el Siriano se puso a bailar con el puesto, Alejandro, el día después del show, en un cuarto lleno de velas.
Exceso, trucos de estilismo, y una excelente ejecución, no son suficientes para tener a la crítica contenta.
Por otro lado, los zapatos fueron extraordinarios; las opulentas piezas diseñadas por el para la cadena Payless (se dice que costaran menos de 40 euros cada uno) tuvieron influencias chinas, africanas e indias como inspiración principal, de hecho los tacones, se asemejan a los trabajos africanos de madera tallada, así como relieves chinos.
Cristian Siriano me cae súper, me encanta su mariconería en exceso. Fue delicioso verlo en Proyect Runway,  no parpadeaba siquiera cuando el aparecía, sin embargo no es suficiente para el Lincoln Center, ya que esta colección parecía un desafío más de la divertida serie.
No quisiera comparar, pero Daniel Vosovic triunfó.

No comments: